the nclave

a little enclave for me in the vast ocean of the web. here's hoping i'll look back on all these someday, and be glad for it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Friday, March 09, 2007

The Mystery of the Cheaper Milk Powder

Spotted in today's Straits Times:

"Milk powder sold at Cold Storage in Sengkang cheaper than that sold at Centrepoint outlet

Recently I bought a can of 1.8kg of milk powder, Enfakid A+, at Cold Storage, Centrepoint, for $40.05. The same can of milk powder was sold at $38.90 at Sengkang branch.

Neither branch was having any promotion for the milk powder.

When I enquired about the price difference of $1.15, both the duty manager and deputy/store manager of the Sengkang branch replied that the company practises two different pricing strategies for different branches.

Those branches which are at the heartland malls have a lower pricing whereas those in towns and where expatriates live have a higher pricing. They even advised me not to purchase in towns.

I believe there are more items sold at Cold Storage with different prices at different outlets. Is this allowed?

Jenny Law Yan Chee (Mdm)"

If I were in a nastier mood, I would have sent a response to the ST Forum as follows: "I refer to the letter (blah blah blah). I believe the letter is retarded and a waste of ink. Is this allowed???"

This is a classic example of the numerous letters in the ST Forum that elicit a huge groan and smack of the forehead. Doh!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home