the nclave

a little enclave for me in the vast ocean of the web. here's hoping i'll look back on all these someday, and be glad for it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

treasure hunt


I have acquired a new Acer AL1516 15" LCD monitor for my office.

It started when I shifted to a new room at work, and the desk was a tad narrow for my CRT monitor, which was practically going to fall onto my lap. And since the firm does not provide LCD monitors, I simply HAD to get one on my own.

So I went to Carrefour on Monday, after the SAL movie night, and found an Acer 15" monitor going for $239. But having not done any prior research, and given the fact that the monitor was sitting with a random bunch of other forlorn-looking electronic parts on a shelf marked "Clearance Sale", we passed on it and decided to look elsewhere.

Being desperate for the monitor, Ad and I drove to Mustafa, hoping that the land of cheap things could come up with a better offer. But first, there was eating to be done:



So anyway, to my immense annoyance and disappointment, the cheapest 15" LCD monitor at Mustafa cost about $248, and was some kuching kurat brand that I've never heard of! *grumble*

The hunt was thus adjourned. I spent some time surfing on web that night, and found that I could get second-hand Dell 15" LCD monitors from a seller on yahoo auctions for $150 a piece. Sent him a msg, but he did not reply till after I had already bought the monitor, so that was not helpful.

Finally went to Sim Lim Square yesterday during lunch, and bought this Acer monitor for - guess what - $239! So much for the effort.

Am most pleased with my desk now. The removal of the huge CRT monitor REALLY made a very big difference to the feel of my desk. Shall post pictures of my new office soon. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, at least now we know that M shopping centre does NOT have everything... well, at least not everything cheaply... haha

but it was fun!! tho it was a bit crowded cos of the deepavali rush...

post pic of new rm soon!

ad

Friday, October 20, 2006 9:51:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home