the nclave

a little enclave for me in the vast ocean of the web. here's hoping i'll look back on all these someday, and be glad for it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Friday, April 20, 2007

blogging diarrhoea

Ok, my bad. I've been neglecting to update the blog for some time, so events have piled themselves up inextricably, hence here's a quick summary. :)

Roadtrip to KL - 23-24 March 2007

Went up to KL with my Raffles Hall buddies on 23 March to attend SH's wedding on 24 March in KL.

Had a good trip, albeit a bit short, since I could not afford to take any leave on Monday 25 March, and so I only stayed one night while the others stayed 2 nights.

The bus ride was pretty good. Much more comfortable than I last recalled it to be, and there were even movies being screened on personal LCD monitors like a commercial flight!

Arrived at KL's Hotel Istana, and promptly went off for a lunch of tandoori chicken, followed by shopping! Managed to zoom in on the local brands, and bought a whopping 5 shirts from Seed and Padini. Should be enough to last me for the rest of the year on my new job.

Had a leisurely coffee before strolling back to the hotel. While the rest of them went for spa treatments or booze, I settled in for a nice hot bubble bath with my novel. Heavenly.

Went out for supper when everyone had gathered back from their respective activities, and the next day, it was breakfast followed by a short cab ride to the wedding.

Lovely venue under an outdoor marquee-type place. SH looked fabulous, and so did Eric. The food was pretty good too, and I think we all had a good time of food and drink and general celebrations.

Time just flew, and it was soon time for me to head back to the hotel to catch the return coach for the long ride home alone. Comfortable again, and did not seem as long as it actually is. Shall definitely travel by luxury coach again the next time I head to KL (unless someone pays for my flight, of course).











Ok I shall continue each event in a separate post, so as not to make this one too long. For more photos, click here.

Congrats to Eric and Siow Hooi, and best wishes! :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home