the nclave

a little enclave for me in the vast ocean of the web. here's hoping i'll look back on all these someday, and be glad for it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Itchy Business

I apparently have eczema.

Started during Exercise Voyager, and it's been a long-drawn battle since then.

At its peak, I was in Macau with my hands covered with blisters. Went to see Dr Ang Por of Dermatology Associates at Paragon Medical Centre when I returned from Macau, and was given a steroid injection, a 2-week course of oral steroids, and topical steroid cream.

The skin responded very well to treatment, and the blisters went away in a few days. The dead skin is currently peeling off with a vengeance.

However, upon finishing the oral steroids on Sunday, the itch came back on Monday, and by Tuesday, it was apparent that the damned eczema has not surrendered. Tried to make an appointment to see Dr Ang yesterday, but she's on leave and will only be back on Friday, and so I guess I'll have to stick with my appointment on Saturday.

In the meantime, the itch is back, the rashes are back (more numerously so on the torso), and the blisters are starting to return. God help me..... :(

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger gracevine said...

Stop scratching!!!

Friday, May 04, 2007 10:54:00 am  
Blogger feelingsleepy said...

easier said than done! :(

Friday, May 04, 2007 11:04:00 am  
Blogger J.G said...

you know you're getting old when random things start popping up... one day I had a hives attack and it has not stopped since. I am sure the weather isn't helping you either! Try calamine lotion -what's that song that goes 'itchy itchy scratchy scratchy up and down my backy wacky?!'

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 5:52:00 am  
Blogger feelingsleepy said...

haha, good to know i'm not the only one whose body is starting to rebel...

and the song is.....calamine! haha...

hope your hives get better soon too!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:03:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home