the nclave

a little enclave for me in the vast ocean of the web. here's hoping i'll look back on all these someday, and be glad for it.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

still alive...

Yes, I am still alive. ("Unfortunately", as some may say...)

The reason for my long absence is largely due to the incapacitation of my home computer, leading to the inability to upload my photos, and hence my reticence in posting, since I have no photos to complement my posts!

Anyway, the computer has been most annoying of late. It decided to succumb to some random virus/spyware a couple of weeks ago, and has thus been acting really cranky. It was so bad that I could not even install Norton Anti-Virus notwithstanding that I paid US$39.90 for it!

I thus brought in the big guns, and got my Dad to format and re-install Windows XP, but even after installing Norton, when I next rebooted the computer, nothing could run at all.

And so we went through the whole cycle of formatting and re-installing everything, to the extent that a new 160GB harddisk was bought at Sitex 2006, and the entire CPU and monitor were removed to my sister's room to accommodate the logistics of the overhaul.

So everything was apparently installed last night. Lugged it back to my room, re-connected the harddisks, ran a full virus scan on every disk, got everything working fine (save for the same booting problem, which Dad attributes to the motherboard being old and cranky), and proceeded to reinstate my computer with the necessary software and so on. Seemed perfectly fine when I shut it down to go to bed.

Then, the fateful call from Dad this morning: "The computer can't seem the boot. The blue-screen error keeps happening."

I am highly annoyed by the computer. Am MOST tempted to hop out and get hold of an Apple Macbook. Enough of Microsoft and its antics. Grr. ;(

(Many reasons to switch to a Mac: http://www.apple.com/getamac/)



Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger gracevine said...

Good thing I jus bought my laptop this year...otherwise I'd be tempted to get a Mac or iBook now...=)

Thursday, December 07, 2006 12:52:00 am  
Blogger feelingsleepy said...

unfortunately my comp appears to have been resuscitated...for now...

you'd better not beat me to a Mac...i'd rob it from you! ;p

Thursday, December 07, 2006 9:35:00 am  
Blogger J.G said...

yes buy a Mac! haven't had problems with my Macbook yet.... plus their media stuff is cool.

Friday, December 08, 2006 4:23:00 am  
Blogger feelingsleepy said...

yea, just looking forward to the next time my PC decides to play punk... ;)

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:26:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9005712

Fuzzy Wuzzy likes Apple, not crap. ;)

Sunday, December 17, 2006 10:42:00 pm  
Blogger feelingsleepy said...

hapz url..

Fuzzy Wuzzy likes Macbook, not PC.... ;)

Sunday, December 17, 2006 11:06:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home